Wednesday, December 19, 2007

last legal blog ever :(

So how about this class? I have really enjoyed it this semester. Honestly, it’s probably one of the best classes I’ll ever take. We took a lot of notes and learned a lot, and I totally didn’t mind it at all. I feel that we could have gone more into debates, but what we did was fantastic.

I personally have greatly enjoyed snack time. It’s more than just having tasty treats in the middle of class, it shows that we as students can get along with a teacher and somehow manage to bring back this 2nd grade tradition. We organized it ourselves; we got the snacks ourselves, and still kept a decent classroom environment and learned a good amount.

Having a teacher as close in age to us isn’t vital, but it for sure helps. The fact that we grew up watching some of the same cartoons is unbelievable. It’s nice to be taught be someone who understands us to some degree. On top that, Ms. Linden is just ridiculously chill.

This class has taught me so much that I use in everyday life. For example, we had a neighbor who was less than happy about our dog, so she came over and started knocking on the door. When we said, “we’ll do what we can to keep her quiet” this woman flipped. She said that she has a right to a quiet neighborhood and would have the dog put down if we did not comply. Well, I knew that she was crazy, and would need solid proof to do so. I don’t know that we actually directly learned about that exactly, but just by virtue of being in the class, I think through the mind of a lawful human being.

This class has changed my life. I made new friends, like Erez. I discovered the in’s and out’s of life. I now truly know what it is to have a good time while learning.

When I look back at my high school career, this is going to be a class that for sure will stick in my mind forever. The awkward moments, the great snacks, the fun assignments, the blogs, and the day your fiancé visited. All moments to remember forever.

What I think I will always treasure is the fact that I always looked forward to being in my legal issues class; a rare occurrence among classes. I never thought to myself “Oh crap, I gotta go to legal today, what a drag.” There wasn’t a day I haven’t enjoyed. Most new teachers come in and try to make an image for themselves, and try to act all harsh. But not you Ms. Linden, you came in standing tall and proud, unafraid of your students. You came in and we all had a great semester.

Peace and love,
Mayer ☺

No comments: