This week in the mind of Mayer.
I talked recently about lethal injection. I think it’s the most humane way to kill someone, if done correctly. The reason they are "under fire" is all of this controversy. People don't care about these inmates dying in pain. There was an unnamed doctor from Missouri who was dyslexic who admitted to administering the wrong dose of anesthesia more than once. how is this guy not being sued out the ass? This is ridiculous! This guy is putting these people through unimaginable amounts of pain and isn't taking anything for it.
There was one man who needed a "rare" second dose and it was administered really improperly. it basically exploded in his arm. His heart rate rose, but because he was under anesthesia, showed almost no signs of pain other than a frown. My best guess is that he was ready to scream. It’s supposed to just stop your heart rate, but if you could feel that? That’s ridiculous. I’ve been in the middle of hospital mistakes before. It’s awful. I had hip surgery two summers ago where they just cut my femur straight through, and the needle got bent in my hand, so I wasn’t receiving any painkillers. It was just terrible. I know what it’s like to not be perfect. To quote Jason Dovitz, “I didn’t say anything” What he would have said had he been paying attention is that this is a more than extreme crime against humanity and there is no way for this to get by. I think that no human being, no matter how guilty should have to suffer like that. On the flip side, they killed someone, and cause a lot of people a lot of pain, so one could argue that they “Had what’s coming to them”. I disagree; I think that everyone should have a fair chance, no matter how terrible. If you’ve ever seen the movie “Thank you for Smoking” it portrays lawyers very well in one line. It’s an ethical issue. Do you support a murderer? Worse than that, a child rapist and murderer? The child comes back with the response, “I guess everyone deserves a fair trial.” I agree with that. I think that no matter who you are, the justice system should support you. If these murderers and being killed ridiculously inhumanely, I don’t think we should just let this fly.
On a completely separate note, I thought of a new idea for the court system. Do it online. If the judge, the jury, and all the lawyers sat in separate rooms and everyone communicated through an electronic system. This would reduce the amount of biases in the courts. You would have to recall jurors; you wouldn’t have to find different lawyers. I think it’s a good idea. It would reduce the problems in the courts. The only problem I could see is that it could be very costly, to buy computers and have security guards for everyone. The guards could eventually become a problem. It could become another scandal to pretend to be someone that you are not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i really agree with all of your great insight that you put into this blog.
jerk.
Hey! i don't appreciate the negativity on my bliggedy blog. so chillax.
no but really i think that the "Doctors" who put the injections into any of the guys muscles dont deserve to be doctors anymore
Post a Comment